In the latest of a series of tell-all articles published by Gizmodo regarding Facebook’s trending news section, it was revealed that not only do the social media platform’s curators reportedly censor trending conservative news, but that all Facebook-related news is also carefully filtered before being posted.
- Facebook unveiled the Surround 360 camera at their annual F8 Facebook developer conference Tuesday. The social networking giant designed the camera so that minimal post processing would be needed after the fact, a feature that Facebook hopes will bring more and more 360-degree videos to their social networking platforms.
Facebook Messenger Bots Aims to Make Chat An Everyday Tool With Food Ordering, Breaking News & Weather Updates From CatsFacebook Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced the arrival of chat bots for Facebook Messenger at the annual F8 Facebook developer conference Tuesday, as well as the addition of a persistent Facebook Live tab to the Facebook home screen and the launching of a satellite to grant internet access to Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You'll soon be able to buy tickets right from the Facebook Event page.
- WhatsApp users got end-to-end encryption notifications inside their chats after the company turned on the new security feature for users across the globe. Find out what end-to-end-encryption does and how to use it in WhatsApp
- You can now customize Facebook Reactions with a simple Chrome or Firefox hack. Find out how to turn the emoji into favorite characters like Sailor Moon, Pokemon, Donald Trump and more.
- Trying to use Facebook's new reactions emoji but they aren't working for you? We've got everything you need to know about how to get, use and view the new like button emoji on iOS, Android and desktop computers.
- Mark Zuckerberg took to the stage at MWC Monday to talk about Internet.org. During his keynote he addressed the situation in India with the organization's Free Basic program.
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg stands with Apple in its fight against the FBI to not create a backdoor that would bypass encryption on iPhones.
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg announced the creation of the Telecom Infra Project to help Internet.org bring Internet and more budget-friendly mobile plans to remote parts of the world.