We’re only a few weeks away from the huge Jan. 12 Nintendo Switch presentation and the Jan. 13 press events and the video game community is anxiously awaiting all of the information surrounding Nintendo’s new console.
Rumors, reports and leaks have come out of the woodwork in recent weeks and Laura Dale has been a part of the Nintendo Switch hype train with her inside knowledge.
Dale took to the Nintendo Switch subreddit in a reddit AMA to answer and clarify some of the information she has heard.
There’s a lot of interesting information in the AMA, from launch titles to price to what fans should expect in the Jan. 12 presentation. Of course, until official information is released by Nintendo all of these rumors and leaks should be taken with a grain of salt, but it is fun to speculate and discuss.
Here’s a rundown of the highlights from Laura Dale’s reddit AMA:
- Regarding Nintendo Switch’s release date, March 17 is a date Dale keeps hearing.
- The Nintendo Switch is more powerful than the Wii U, even undocked.
- Switch will likely cost “at or around” $300.
- Entry model will have at least 32GB of memory.
- Third-party titles will include Just Dance 2017 and Rabbids RPG .
- The Switch will likely have a three-hour battery life but may go longer if settings are lowered.
- Laura is constantly hearing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will miss the Switch launch but she’s hopeful it can make it.
There’s a lot more tidbits to peruse in Laura Dale’s reddit AMA, so we encourage you go through the entire thing.
The Nintendo Switch is slated to release in March 2017.
So what do you think about what Laura Dale said in the reddit AMA? Do you believe her? What are your hopes for the Switch? Sound off in the comments section below.