[UPDATE 10/2 2:10pm EST] Microsoft and 4J Studios have released Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 via Xbox Live.
Less than one month after Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 12 delivered loads of new content to 4J Studios' XBLA Minecraft port, including the oft-requested addition of Jungle biomes, the dev team has confirmed that development of Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 is already complete.
Two days after we questioned whether or not 4J Studios would be able to deliver Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 before the end of September, the studio hopped on Twitter to confirm that they've submitted the latest Minecraft Xbox 360 title update to the Xbox Live certification team. Theoretically, this paves the way for Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 to launch before the end of the month, though there's no word from Microsoft yet on exactly when we can expect Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 to hit Xbox Live.
The latest major title update for Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 won't introduce any new blocks or gameplay features, instead offering dozens of bug fixes for the game just weeks after Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 12 introduced the Jungle biome and a variety of other new blocks to the XBLA Minecraft port.
The next batch of fixes for Minecraft Xbox 360 target a wide variety of problems, ranging from spinning Chicken heads to a bug causing Silk Touch not to work on Glass Blocks; however, not all of the changes were gameplay related. Sprinkled in with all of the other fixes, 4J Studios also updated the Minecraft Store to display prices in local currency, instead of the now-defunct Microsoft Points.
Unfortunately, there's still no word on when to expect the next round of Minecraft Xbox 360 Texture Packs, though we don't imagine it will take 4J Studios to release another batch of world-customization content. Several Minecraft Xbox 360 Texture Packs are currently being developed by 4J Studios, and the team recently said one was already nearing completion. Now that Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 is out the door, the team can presumably turn its attention to finishing a new line-up of Minecraft Xbox 360 Texture Packs for fans around the globe.
Here's the full Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 change log:
- - Fix to generate Experience Orbs when breeding animals.
- - Fix for Zombie AI when in a house with the door closed.
- - Fix for Ocelot and Chicken AI problem causing heads to spin around.
- - Fix for Ocelot tooltips not properly showing the actions available.
- - Added sounds for hitting Ocelots.
- - Fix for graphical glitch with Fences.
- - Fix for graphical issue with upside down Pistons.
- - Fixed water in a Cauldron to be still, not flowing.
- - Fixed world generation problems with some seeds (e.g 'journey').
- - Added message saying you can't spawn enemies in Peaceful mode.
- - Raw Fish is no longer removed from the player's inventory when trying to tame an Ocelot in Creative mode.
- - Water will no longer be removed from a Water Bucket when filling a Cauldron in Creative Mode.
- - Fix for missing text in the message when a player is killed by an Iron Golem.
- - Fix for player shadow being displayed in the Inventory menu.
- - Fixed some lighting issues.
- - Fixed an issue with light and fire remaining after a lightning strike.
- - Made Jungle Wood Stairs flammable.
- - Fixed Silk Touch not working on Glass Blocks.
- - Fix for underwater filter when camera collides with blocks.
- - Added an option to hide a Mash-up Pack Themed World in the saves list, and an option to unhide all in the Settings menu.
- - Increased Minecart speed to double the normal speed.
- - Fixed some Redstone Lamp issues.
- - Chests won't open now if a Cat is sitting on them.
- - Added a limit to the number of Villagers spawned by breeding.
- - Added the hearts display when Villagers enter 'Love Mode'.
- - Fixed a problem with the rain sound not playing in some biomes.
- - Fix for re-appearing ores, lava and water after mining, if they are within five blocks from the world edge.
- - Fixed spawn positions in a saved Mash-up Pack world.
- - Fixed issue with a map placed in an item frame revealing the position of all players despite 'In-Game Gamertags' having been disabled.
- - Minecraft Store now displays the prices in the local currency, rather than Microsoft Points.
Be sure to check back with iDigitalTimes.com and follow Scott on Twitter for more on Minecraft Xbox 360 as we continue to bring you all the latest developments on 4j Studios' ultra-popular XBLA port of Minecraft in the weeks and months to come.
What do you think of the list of fixes included in Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13? Are you experiencing an issue that won't be addressed in the next Minecraft Xbox 360 title update? Have an idea for a Minecraft Xbox 360 Texture or Mash-Up Pack?
Let us know in the comments section!