Less than two weeks after Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 was handed over to the Xbox Live certification team, for the free patch's final round of testing before worldwide deployment, Microsoft and 4J Studios have announced that Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 is now available for download via Xbox Live.
The latest Minecraft Xbox 360 title update didn't quite make it to Xbox Live before the end of September, but we don't expect many Minecraft Xbox 360 players are going to be complaining on Wednesday, now that Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 is available for download around the globe. Fans have eagerly anticipated the release of Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13, even before 4J Studios confirmed they had completed developmental work on the title update last month, and we wouldn't be shocked if the combined traffic from Minecraft Xbox 360 players and those hoping to play GTA Online give Xbox Live a few hiccups throughout the day.
In addition to the release of Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13, 4J Studios also confirmed that the Minecraft Xbox 360 Plastic Pack is now available for purchase via the Minecraft Store and Xbox Live Marketplace, giving players their second optional Minecraft Xbox 360 overhaul since the game received texture and mash-up pack support in Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 12. Until this week, the only option available to Minecraft Xbox 360 players was the Minecraft Xbox 360 Mass Effect Mash-Up pack released on September 4.
Unfortunately, there's still no word on when the next Minecraft Xbox 360 texture pack -- currently being called the Natural Pack by 4J Studios -- will be available for purchase/download. When asked if there was a timetable yet for the Natural Pack's release, 4J Studios told one Minecraft Xbox 360 fan that it would be "a while" before there as any new information about the debut of the Minecraft Xbox 360 Natural Pack.
For the full list of changes in the latest Minecraft Xbox 360 title update, check out the official Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13 change log:
- - Fix to generate Experience Orbs when breeding animals.
- - Fix for Zombie AI when in a house with the door closed.
- - Fix for Ocelot and Chicken AI problem causing heads to spin around.
- - Fix for Ocelot tooltips not properly showing the actions available.
- - Added sounds for hitting Ocelots.
- - Fix for graphical glitch with Fences.
- - Fix for graphical issue with upside down Pistons.
- - Fixed water in a Cauldron to be still, not flowing.
- - Fixed world generation problems with some seeds (e.g 'journey').
- - Added message saying you can't spawn enemies in Peaceful mode.
- - Raw Fish is no longer removed from the player's inventory when trying to tame an Ocelot in Creative mode.
- - Water will no longer be removed from a Water Bucket when filling a Cauldron in Creative Mode.
- - Fix for missing text in the message when a player is killed by an Iron Golem.
- - Fix for player shadow being displayed in the Inventory menu.
- - Fixed some lighting issues.
- - Fixed an issue with light and fire remaining after a lightning strike.
- - Made Jungle Wood Stairs flammable.
- - Fixed Silk Touch not working on Glass Blocks.
- - Fix for underwater filter when camera collides with blocks.
- - Added an option to hide a Mash-up Pack Themed World in the saves list, and an option to unhide all in the Settings menu.
- - Increased Minecart speed to double the normal speed.
- - Fixed some Redstone Lamp issues.
- - Chests won't open now if a Cat is sitting on them.
- - Added a limit to the number of Villagers spawned by breeding.
- - Added the hearts display when Villagers enter 'Love Mode'.
- - Fixed a problem with the rain sound not playing in some biomes.
- - Fix for re-appearing ores, lava and water after mining, if they are within five blocks from the world edge.
- - Fixed spawn positions in a saved Mash-up Pack world.
- - Fixed issue with a map placed in an item frame revealing the position of all players despite 'In-Game Gamertags' having been disabled.
- - Minecraft Store now displays the prices in the local currency, rather than Microsoft Points.
Be sure to check back with iDigitalTimes.com and follow Scott on Twitter for more on Minecraft Xbox 360 as we continue to bring you the latest on any/all future Minecraft Xbox 360 title updates and texture packs in the months to come.
What do you think of the changes implemented in Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 13? Planning to buy the Minecraft Xbox 360 Plastic Pack as soon as you get home from work/school? Disappointed by the lack of Minecraft Xbox 360 Texture and Mash-Up Packs available so far?
Let us know in the comments section!