Less than a month after Update 10 fixed many of the game-breaking bugs which hit Minecraft Xbox 360 at the end of March, 4J Studios is back with Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 11, another grab bag of bug fixes for the XBLA port of Mojang's hit sandbox title.
Just four weeks after 4J Studios pushed a patch, to fix some of the game-breaking issues which accompanied Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 9, the team behind the number one game on Xbox Live Arcade has delivered Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 11. Much like Update 10, Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 11 is comprised entirely of bug fixes, with 4J Studios aiming to bring even more stability back to their multi-million selling console port of Minecraft.
Since going live on Tuesday, Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 11 has freed players from at least cause of unnecessary lag spikes while playing online, along with a number of less-common issues related to the over-/under-spawning of several items. The 4J Studios team also added new error messages that will appear when characters attempt to force-spawn creatures when their world(s) has reached the spawn limit. Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 11 also included an update for the game's terrain mipmaps, which will now show a new gravel texture. There was even an increase in the world limit for paintings, villagers, and Snow Golems for good measure.
Unfortunately, Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 11 didn't include any of the great new content that's been recently introduced on to the PC version of Minecraft. Mojang overhauled the game's lighting engine and redstone mechanics with the Minecraft 1.5 Redstone Update, and plans to add horses, mules, stained hardened clay blocks, donkey inventories, and more with the Minecraft 1.6 update. While the two versions of Minecraft are unlikely to ever reach parity, due to a combination of platform limitations and differing audiences, we suspect 4J Studios has plans to include at least a few of the new features in future Minecraft Xbox 360 updates.
Here's the full Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 11 change log:
- - Fix for explosion lag issue on clients in an online game.
- -Fix to remove any Fireballs hanging in the air in a save game.
- -Fix to only show the spawn limit message to the player attempting to spawn something.
- -Fixed the terrain mipmaps to have the updated version of the gravel texture in them.
- -Fix for the spawn limit overrun when shearing or breeding Mooshrooms
- -Increased the limit for Paintings/Item Frames, Villagers, and Snow Golems in a world.
- - Display a message when the maximum Paintings/Item Frames are reached.
- -Display a message when the user tries to put an animal in Love Mode when the spawn limits have been reached.
- -Display a message when the user tries to spawn an enemy from a Spawn Egg in Peaceful mode.
- -Reduced Ghast sound volume
Are you still experiencing one or more Minecraft Xbox 360 bugs that haven't been fixed as of Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 11? Wish 4J Studios would bring some of the PC content over to the Xbox 360 version of the game? Still holding out hope for some sort of official mod support in Minecraft Xbox 360?
Let us know in the comments section!