Just when it seemed that a mid-week move might keep Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams & Co. from releasing the usual Thursday preview build of the Minecraft 1.6 update, the dev team released Minecraft snapshot 13w25c on Thursday afternoon.
For the fifth time in eight days, the folks at Mojang are back with another preview of the Minecraft 1.6 update, releasing Minecraft snapshot 13w25c via the company's official blog on Thursday just three days after deliver a handful of bug fixes in Minecraft snapshot 13w25b on Monday. The company still hasn't revealed any new information about when exactly Minecraft players can expect the Minecraft 1.6 update to make its debut, though we seem to have moved into the period of development when the team is focused almost solely on removing what game-breaking bugs remain after recent Minecraft snapshots.
Minecraft's Leash mechanics received a bit of a touch-up in Minecraft snapshot 13w25c, with a pair of fixes released to address bugs that caused pets to teleport after being leashed and allowed players to steal each others' pets by leashing them. The Minecraft dev team also fixed a bug which prevented the game's death counter from updating, and corrected an error which saw the Pick block break stack sizes when adding blocks to players' inventory in Creative mode.
To download the latest preview of the Minecraft 1.6 update, simply open the developmental Minecraft launcher released alongside Minecraft snapshot 13w16a, or head over to the official Mojang blog to download the new launcher and Minecraft snapshot 13w25c if you haven't spent any time with recent Minecraft preview builds.
Here's the full Minecraft snapshot 13w25c change log:
- - Fixed some bugs
- -- Fixed doFiretick gamerule disabling natural fire extinguishing
- -- Fixed the death counter not updating
- -- Fixed the Pick block feature in the Creative mode inventory not preserving stack sizes
- -- Fixed pets teleporting when leashed
- -- Fixed entities other than the player being unable to leave the end
- -- Fixed players' pets being able to be stolen using leashes
- -- Fixed being unable to load ResourcePack with missing directory-ZipEntries.
- -- Fixed the credits ending too fast
- -- Fixed dogs' health being depleted upon world loading
- -- Fixed a crash when increasing volume
Be sure to check back with iDigitalTimes.com and follow Scott on Twitter for all the latest on the Minecraft 1.6 update as we continue to follow the development of Minecraft in the weeks and months to come.
When do you think Mojang will release the Minecraft 1.6 update? Still waiting for the Minecraft dev team to address a bug which hasn't been fixed in Minecraft snapshot 13w25c and/or previous Minecraft preview builds? Is there a particular feature you're still hoping to see added before the Minecraft 1.6 update goes live?
Let us know in the comments section!