[Update 6/15 6:30am] An early preview of the Resource Pack system is now available via the recently released Minecraft snapshot 13w24a.
Three days after a surprise Memorial Day snapshot, and roughly 24 hours after 4J Studios released the first Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 12 screenshot, Mojang is back with Minecraft snapshot 13w22a, the latest preview of the Minecraft 1.6 update.
It wouldn't be Thursday without a Minecraft snapshot, and Mojang's latest preview of the Minecraft 1.6 update features fixes for a variety of bugs related to the horses introduced late last month in Minecraft snapshot 13w16a. Sadly, this week's Minecraft 1.6 preview doesn't feature any new game features, or the next stages of the Attribute and Resource Pack systems which Mojang began rolling out with Minecraft snapshot 13w21a last Thursday. Instead, the Minecraft PC team focused on eliminating a number of recently introduced bugs, many of which were related to the horses introduced in Minecraft snapshot 13w16a.
Not only did the Minecraft dev team fix a bug which caused many players' Leashes to break while riding a horse, the Mojang crew also fixed a pair of errors that allowed players trusty steed(s) to both graze on non-grass blocks and feed while fully submerged in water. The dev team also addressed a graphical glitch caused by sleeping in minecarts, removed horses' ability to climb ladders/vines, and a particularly irritating bug which causes horse armor to lose its enchantments anytime it was removed from a horse.
Unfortunately, there's still no word on an exact release date for the Minecraft 1.6 Update. Previously, Minecraft dev Jens Bergensten expressed Mojang' s desire to see Minecraft 1.6 go live before the end of May; however, a release before month's end seems virtually impossible at this point. Still, the latest preview of the Minecraft 1.6 update should be enough to amuse those counting down the days until Minecraft 1.6 hits the web.
To download Minecraft snapshot 13w22a, simply launch the Minecraft developmental launcher that was released alongside Minecraft snapshot 13w16a during late April. If you haven't downloaded the new launcher yet, head over to the Mojang blog to grab your copy of the latest Minecraft 1.6 preview build.
Here's the full Minecraft snapshot 13w22a change log:
- - Added some sounds
- - Continued progress on resource packs
- -- Not yet ready for testing
- - Fixed some bugs
- -- Fixed sleeping while riding a Minecart producing a graphical glitch
- -- Fixed the "team" argument not working with "!" for other players
- -- Fixed "seeFriendlyInvisibles" not always working
- -- Fixed horses being able to climb ladders and vines
- -- Fixed horses grazing on non-grass blocks and underwater
- -- Fixed leashes breaking when riding a horse
- -- Fixed being unable to tie wild horses and foals
- -- Fixed stacked entity spawners creating mass duplicate ghost entities
- -- Fixed horse armor not keeping enchantments when dropping from a horse
- -- Fixed a crash due to the pack.png file in texture packs being corrupt
- -- Fixed horses break leashes when being they stop to eat grass while being lead
- -- Fixed being unable to move previously ridden horses after reloading the world
- -- Fixed horses not running fast in creative
- -- Fixed the shift key locking after certain events
- -- Fixed a crash producing an IllegalStateException: Server tried to update attributes of a non-living entity
- -- Fixed horse speed not remaining constant
Be sure to check back with iDigitalTimes.com and follow Scott on Twitter for all the latest Minecraft news as Mojang continues work on the Minecraft 1.6 update, and all future content for their ultra-popular sandbox title.
Were you experiencing any of the horse-related issues that were patched in Minecraft snapshot 13w22a? Hoping to see the next phase of the attribute and/or Resource Pack systems implemented in this week's preview of the Minecraft 1.6 update? Been holding out for the official Minecraft 1.6 release?
Let us know in the comments section!