It's been a couple of weeks since Bohemia Interactive released a new patch for DayZ Standalone, but an experimental version of the game released on Monday is giving fans of Dean Hall's zombie-survival project a look at the next round of content expected to hit DayZ Standalone before month's end.
This week's update will finally give DayZ Standalone players a reason to pick up all of that twelve-gauge ammo that's scattered across Chernarus, adding shotguns to the game's loot tables roughly five weeks after DayZ Standalone made its surprise end-of-year debut. Those hoping to see more weapons in the game will also be happy to hear that a hacksaw has joined the relatively short list of melee weapons included in DayZ Standalone at launch, and those who manage to track down a saw will also be able to use the new tool to open any canned food they come across in their travels.
In what we can only assume to be the dev team's latest attempt to stress the survival-first focus of DayZ Standalone, this week's experimental update also lowers the drop rate for half of the firearms currently found in the game. Both the .357 magnum revolver and M4A1 assault rifle will spawn less frequently than they did in previous builds, though there aren't any official before/after numbers to offer at this time. The DayZ Standalone team also fixed a well-known "backpack-Inception" bug, that allowed players to stack dozens of backpacks inside one another, and added a variety of new shoes and pants to the game's loot tables.
On the backend, the latest DayZ Standalone update added sub-Hive support to both the game's server launcher and Bohemia Interactive's DayZ Standalone server database, offering more freedom to organize and classify servers based on specific settings (Expert, First-Person Only, etc). The patch also tweaked players' stomach capacity, though it's not clear whether we should expect to be hungry more or less frequently in the new DayZ Standalone update.
So, here's the rub. Those hoping to get a look at the new content on Monday will be forced to switch over to the experimental server cluster, and hope they're one of the lucky few who manages to secure a slot on the handful of experimental DayZ Standalone servers that Bohemia Interactive will be running. Sadly, most of us will be forced until the experimental build becomes the next official release to see the new content for ourselves, but much of what was introduced this morning should still be intact when the content is released later this week.
Here's the official change log for DayZ Standalone v0.32.114557:
- - Corpse cleanup causes server crash during forced server restart
- - Spray Painting a magazine while on weapon, creates fake (unusable) copy in inventory
- - Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
- - Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
- - Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)
- - Balanced stomach capacity,
- - Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)
- - Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants
- - Version number in server browser and details
- - Saline transfusion doesn't refill full blood
- - Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won't give sick badge if you aren't actually sick
- - Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view
- - Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed
- - Players can't pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.
- - Magnum speedloader should be spawning now
- - Number of backpacks spawning lowered
- - Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.
- - Number of M4A1s spawning lowered
- - Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death
- - Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine
- - Sea ambient sound is now slightly quieter
- - Animation: Fixed misc issues with vaulting
- - Animation: Fixed getting on the ladder from kneel for the armed player
- - Animation: Fixed animation speed for unarmed player in main menu
- - Animation: Fixed an issue with changing weapon while aiming in kneel
- - Animation: Fixed an issue with rotation while aiming in prone
- - Headtorch color descriptions fixed
- - Jeans descriptions (color) fixed
- - Cargo pants description fixed (color)
- - Chest holster description added
- - Using an item in your hand no longer goes out of hand once action done
- - Using an item while something else in your hand will go back to that item once action done
- - Security issue with IGUI variable compiling
- - Situation where player used item on other players inventory causing neverending looped item check
- - Weapons now display tooltips
- - Players can now be revived with the defibrillator
- - Clipping on right hand when holding an item and pressing F1 (Greeting).
- - Map_ChernarusSW description fixed
- - SKS rifle description added
- - UI: Editable character name in main menu
- - UI: Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
- - Database: Support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
- - Security: Signature verification against PBOs
- - Loot: Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns
- - Loot: Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns
- - Loot: Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns
- - Loot: Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns
- - Loot: Added hacksaw into the loot spawns
- - Loot: Added shotgun into loot spawns
- - Action: Players can now collect Berries as food
- - Loot: Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
- - Crafting: Players can create sawed-off shotgun from shotgun
- - Crafting: Players can opening cans with a hacksaw
- - Crafting: Painting Mosin with spraypoint now supported
- - Loot: Added spraypaint can into loot spawns
- - Map: Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)
- - Animation: More direct transitions for aimed weapon(prone to stand/kneel and back)
- - Animation: Surrender now disarms player for single handed items
- - Loot: Pipsi, NotaCola, Spite and Rasputin Kvass drinks
- - Action: Burlap sack can be placed on head of self or target
- - Action: Burlap sack causes black screen and reduced sound when worn on head
- - Performance: Server Performance improvements
- - Zombies: Six new zombie soldier types
- - Crafting: Weapon cleaning kit used for keeping your guns in good shape
- - Loot: Shotgun snap-loader for fast reloads
- - Crafting: Player can spraypaint MP handguard and buttstock
- - Crafting: Support for "add paint" or "repaint" for spraypainting
- - Crafting: Player can spraypaint CMAG magazines
Be sure to check back with iDigitalTimes.com and follow Scott on Twitter for more on the continued development of DayZ Standalone throughout the game's time in Steam Early Access and for however long Bohemia Interactive continues to support DayZ Standalone after the game's official launch.
What do you think of the changes being implemented in this week's experimental DayZ Standalone release? Disappointed to see Bohemia Interactive decreasing the number of available firearms instead of increasing the supply? Is there a specific item or feature you're hoping to see in an upcoming DayZ Standalone patch?
Let us know in the comments section!