Love is in the air this Valentine’s season and King has a decadent treat for Candy Crush Saga players. Find out how to participate in the special multi-player Cupid Challenge kicking off Friday, February 10, plus tips and tricks for beating more levels and winning more delicious event prizes.
On Friday, February 10, Candy Crush Saga developers released a brand new Valentine’s themed event, which allows players to compete against each other a number of coveted in-game prizes. In the past, King’s in-game events have involved a player trying to complete a specific quest for rewards. With the Cupid’s Challenge, however, King is incorporating a multiplayer mode, which pits players against one another for prizes.
Below we’ve included a complete run-down of the Cupid Challenge event, including how to qualify, how long the competition will run and prizes that will be awarded. King was also kind enough to send over their own exclusive set of tips and tricks for beating tricky levels and getting ahead in the challenge.
Candy Crush Saga Valentines Cupid Challenge Event: Everything You Need To Know To Play And Win
When Does The Cupid Challenge Begin?
The Candy Crush Cupid Challenge kicks off February 10 and will run for two weekends (February 10 to 15 and February 17 to 21).
How To Participate In Cupid Challenge
- Players at level 10 and above may participate.
- To qualify, players must play the “Dexter the Whale” special game and collect 10 striped candies.
- Once the qualifier round is completed, players move to round 2 where they will compete against 30 randomly selected players for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes (detailed below)
Cupid’s Challenge Awards
- First Place - 1 Color Bomb, 1 Hammer, 1 Free Switch, 1 Striped/Wrapped Candy, 6 Hours Unlimited Lives
- Second Place -1 Color Bomb, 1 Hammer, 1 Free Switch, 2 Hours Unlimited Lives
- Third Place - 1 Color Bomb, 1 Hammer, 2 Hours Unlimited Lives
Candy Crush Saga Tips, Tricks & Cheats: How To Beat More Levels And Get Ahead In Cupid’s Challenge
In preparation for the Cupid’s Challenge, King was kind enough to send us over a list of their exclusive tips and tricks for beating more levels of the game or getting ahead in events like the Cupid Challenge. Check them out below!
Candy Crush Tip#1 – How To Beat Liquorice Lock (Level 25+)
Candy Crush Tip#2 – How To Clear Chocolate Squares & Chocolate Fountains (Level 81+)
Candy Crush Tip#3 – How To Beat The Candy Bomb (Level 100+)
Candy Crush Tip#4 – How To Clear A Cake Bomb (Level 366+)
Candy Crush Tip#5 – How To Clear Sugar Chest (Level 711+)
Fun Facts About Candy Crush
- 198 billion game rounds were played in Candy Crush Saga in 2016 which is equivalent to everyone in the world playing 26 game rounds (approx.)
- In 2016 players used:
- 2.9 billion Coconut Wheels - you would need 38 million coconut trees to grow this amount each year
- 5.3 billion Swedish Fish – that’s 552 times more than the population of Sweden
- 6.9 billion Lollipop Hammers – that’s enough to fill 46 Olympic-size swimming pools
- 208 billion Color Bombs which is twice the number of stars in the Milky Way
- 558 billion Wrapped Candies – if you ate one a minute for 12 hours a day, it would take you over two million years to complete
- 1.6 trillion Striped Candies – that’s enough for everyone in the world to have 213 candies each
- In 2016, Candy Crush Saga players swiped 5.1 trillion moves, corresponding to 44.6 million km swiped. That’s about a third of the distance to Sun or 1,112 laps around the earth