Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 On iPhone, iPad and iPod: Which Apple Devices Can and How To Do It? [TUTORIAL & VIDEO]
Can I jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 on my iPhone 5, iPhone 4S or iPhone 4? Will it be tethered or untethered? These are questions a lot of people have been asking ever since they purchased their T-Mobile contract free phone. As most people know jailbreaking an iPhone, iPod or iPod is one of the best ways to take control of your Apple device and customize it to your hearts delight as well as add a lot of cool developer apps called tweaks found in the Cydia jailbreak app store.
Well for those who have recently purchased and iPhone 5, 4S or 4, if you were lucky enough to get a phone with iOS 6.1.2 installed then you just won the lottery. The current Evasi0n jailbreak will allow users with a iOS 6.1.2 or below installed on their device to jailbreak it untethered regardless of the make or model. This means not only can iPhone 5, 4S, and 4 receive an untethered jailbreak but also devices such as the iPad Mini, iPads 2, 3, and 4, old 3GS iPhones, iPod Touches and all other iOS devices - 22 in all! (To get an iOS 6.1.2 untethered jailbreak on your iPhone iPad or iPod Touch check out this tutorial)
However, if you purchased your iPhone and 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 was installed unfortunately only the iPhone 4 can get a tethered jailbreak with redsn0w. Evasion will not work on the iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.4 or 6.1.3.
Also the iPhone 5 and 4S, because they have updated A5 or A6 chips, also are unable to be jailbroken on iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 untethered or tethered due to the lack of a bootROM exploit.
All members of the evad3rs jailbreak team, who are responsible for the evasi0n iOS 6 untethered jailbreak for all iOS devices have stated that they will not be working on an iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 untethered jailbreak and that likely the next jailbreak to look for will be in iOS 7.
You may see many claims around the web and on YouTube that an iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 untethered jailbreak is available for iPhone 5, 4S, iPad, 2,3 and 4 but do not be fooled by faulty claims. These sites will either take your money and give you nothing of value in return, require you view numerous ads and fill out surveys with still no jailbreak or install malware on your device so please avoid any claims of an iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 untethered jailbreak for A5+ devices (iPhone 5, 4S, iPad 2,3,4 iPad Mini). There are even some claims that will disguise themselves as the evasi0n jailbreak or the redsn0w jailbreak but if they boast a 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 for these unjailbreakable devices then you must realize they are false.
However, for those of you who did purchase the iPhone 4 you can install a tethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 on your device. The instructions for installation are listed below. There is a nice video tutorial I've added as well. Here are the instructions for jailbreaking iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 via iClarified
1. Create a folder on your desktop called Pwnage
2. Visit iPhone Dev Team Blog and Download RedSn0w 0.9.15b3. and place it in the Pwnage folder.
3. Extract the RedSn0w zip file to the Pwnage folder.
4. If you haven't already updated to iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 then launch iTunes and perform a backup of your device.
5. Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left then hold down Shift and click the Restore button
6. Navigate to the Pwnage folder on your desktop and select the 6.1.3 firmware ipsw. Click the Choose button to continue.
7. iTunes will now update your iPhone to the new firmware.
8. Right click or control-click the redsn0w application from the redsn0w folder we extracted earlier and choose Run as administrator from the popup menu that appears.
9. Once RedSn0w opens click the Extras button.
10. From the Extras menu click the Select IPSW button.
11. Navigate to the Pwnage folder on your desktop and select the iOS 6.0 IPSW then click Open.
12. You'll be informed that the iOS 6.0 IPSW will be used for the rest of the session. Click OK.
13. Click the Back button and then click the Jailbreak button from the main menu.
14. RedSn0w will now prepare the jailbreak data.
15. Ensure Install Cydia is selected from the options menu then click Next.
16. Turn OFF your device then click the Next button
17. RedSn0w will now guide you through the steps to get into DFU mode. You can find more help with DFU mode here.
1. Once you have jailbroken you will need to rerun redsn0w to boot tethered.
2. From the main RedSn0w menu, click the Extras button.
3. Choose Select IPSW from the Extras menu and select the iOS 6.0 IPSW. Next, choose Just boot from the menu and follow the instructions to put your device into DFU mode again for boot.
Your are finished! Keep in mind the iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 jailbreak is a tethered jailbreak so should you have to restart your device for any reason it will require re-jailbreaking.
Once you are jailbroken, for some ideas about how to theme your newly jailbroken iPhone or listings of some of the best jailbreak tweaks check out the articles posted below.
Jailbreak Tweak Articles
Jailbreak Theme Articles
|iOS 6 Jailbreak Themes : 7 Cydia Winterboard Tweak and Theme Ideas for iPhone 5, 4S [HOW-TO]|
© 2014 iDigitalTimes All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.