iOS 7.1 Jailbreak Download: Find Out How To Re-Jailbreak Your iPhone Running Apple's Latest Software Using GeekSn0w
An iOS 7.1 jailbreak has been made available for iPhones thanks to the Geeksn0w tool. Even though the recently released 7.1 update has yet to be jailbroken by the Evad3rs, the 4th iPhone's A4 chip will be jailbreakable always and forever. As expected an iOS 7.1 jailbreak is available for it, even if it is only tethered. As such you'll have to have the device attached to a computer if you want to restart the device. Though for some running iOS 7.1 on their iPhone, they may find it worth installing the Geeksn0w jailbreak.
A step by step guide in using the Geeksn0w jailbreak tool can be found on Badritek's site. After downloading the Geeksn0w ios 7.1 jailbreak software from Geeksn0w.it, the process to iOS freedom is fairly straight forward. We should preface however by saying this tool is only available for Windows PCs. If you're on Mac, Linux or some other crazy operating system, Geeksn0w likely will not play nice. Though if you meet the requirements and want to jailbreak your iPhone 4 device:
1) Install the Geeksn0w tool with the .exe file you downloaded (Windows only at the moment, sorry Mac folk). If you're not on an administrator account, right click the file and hit "Run As Administrator"
2) Open the tool once the installation is complete. With your device connected, put your iPhone in DFU mode. To do so, press the home and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds, then releasing the power button while still holding home for a couple of seconds.
3) Back to the computer, hit Tools then "Tethered Jailbreak iOS 7.1 iPhone 4"
4) Click on option number 1 to run ssh_rd tool. You should get a message saying Successful at the end.
5) After, hit option number 2. This will mount your device filesystem.
6) Hit option number 3, this will let the tool copy files in order to complete the jailbreaking process.
7) Leave your device alone while it reboots
8) Once finished, hit 'Tethered Jailbreak iOS 7.1 iPhone 4' (depending on your device: AT&T-3,1 Sprint-3,2 Verizon-3,3)
9) After this has finished, follow the above step again in order to boot tether your device. You'll know that your iPhone has been jailbroken from the Cydia icon now on your home screen
10) Success! Enjoy your iOS 7.1 jailbreak device!
It's important to note that if something goes awry in the jailbreaking process, i.e. your iPhone entering iTunes Recovery Mode, make sure to put your phone in DFU mode (laid out in step 2) while it's connected to the computer. While it may be once having an iOS 7.1 jailbreak on your phone, we recommend waiting for the untethered edition. The ability to restart your device without having it be connected to a computer with Geeksn0w installed is enough to make a tethered jailbreak a pain on occasion. However if you don't see yourself restarting your iPhone 4 often, the iOS 7.1 tethered jailbreak may just be for you.
Will you be downloading the iOS 7.1 jailbreak tool? Are you waiting for evasi0n on iOS 7.1 for other devices? Let us know in the comments!
© 2014 iDigitalTimes All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.