State of Decay DLC: Title Update 3 Completed, Currently Awaiting Certification From Microsoft
Many State of Decay players are still reeling from Undead Labs' recent bad news, confirming that multiplayer functionality won't ever be added to the popular zombie survival title, but a new Twitch.tv broadcast featuring new information on the first State of Decay DLC and State of Decay Title Update 3 should give most fans something to look forward to.
Just two weeks after founder Jeff Strain took to the up-and-coming Twitch.tv broadcast platform, Undead Labs' Shaun Leach and Brant Fitzgerald returned to Microsoft Studio's @PlayXBLA live stream to spend another hour answering fan questions about State of Decay Title Update 3, State of Decay DLC, existing game mechanics and whole lot more. The duo didn't have anything new to say about the State of Decay PC release date, recently revealed to be coming before year's end via the Steam Early Access program, but they did have some interesting information to share about upcoming State of Decay DLC.
While most of the broadcast served as a question and answer session for fans curious about the development of various existing game features, the Undead Labs representatives did field several questions which revealed new information about the content coming in State of Decay Title Update 3 and the previously announced State of Decay Sandbox DLC. Most notably, Fitzgerald and Leach revealed that all dev work on State of Decay Title Update 3 has been completed, and the patch only needs to finish the XBLA certification process before it's scheduled for release via Xbox Live.
Of course, the biggest change coming in State of Decay Title Update 3 is the added ability to bring an NPC companion along on your journeys, an addition that Undead Labs says was the second most-commonly requested feature by State of Decay fans around the globe. The team also answered a handful of viewer questions about State of Decay's new two-person party system.
As it turns out, your (hired) partner in crime won't be able to carry a rucksack or help in transporting resources outside of offering a bit of extra protection for State of Decay players while they are out scavenging or rescuing other survivors. Leach also confirmed that Undead Labs currently has no plans to expand the maximum size of your "party" either, because internal tests quickly revealed that having more than one NPC companion removed any semblance of difficulty from State of Decay.
Personally, we're keeping our fingers crossed for bigger parties in Undead Labs' first planned State of Decay DLC, perhaps as a means of keeping the game from becoming impossibly overwhelming after you've jumped difficulties a few times in the upcoming State of Decay Sandbox DLC.
The Undead Labs duo also teased a few possibilities for future State of Decay title updates and State of Decay DLC. Following a fan question about tanks, the pair suggested a military vehicle originally cut from the game (due to resource limitations) might appear in the future; however, neither Fitzgerald or Leach specified whether Undead Labs might add new vehicles via State of Decay DLC, future title updates or both.
If you've got some free time, we've embedded Brant Fitzgerald and Shaun Leach's 56-minute Twitch.tv appearance. Alternately, we've also included the patch notes for State of Decay Title Update 3 below the video, courtesy of Undead Labs founder Jeff Strain.
Here's the full State of Decay Title Update 3 change log:
- - UPDATED: You can now ask a community NPC to follow you and watch your back. Followers can also accompany you on most non-storyline missions.
- - Outposts are now numbered on the map.
- - NPCs who have been told to leave your community no longer remain in your Journal and take up bed space.
- - Added Journal log entries for "Memento" mission.
- - Added Journal log entry for establishing an Outpost.
- - You can now train members of another Enclave in your Dojo immediately upon construction of the Dojo.
- - Outpost bonuses to Stockpiles are now retained when the game is restarted.
- - Changed AI to ensure zombies are present when you get a training mission or a morale mission.
- - You can no longer move to a Home site that supports fewer Outposts than you currently control.
- - Fixed an issue where Influence attrition wasn't scaling properly, which led to some Influence exploits.
- - Fixed Snyder Warehouse not repairing vehicles.
- - Fixed community NPCs sometimes blocking the door to Snyder Warehouse.
- - You are now reminded every 15 minutes, starting at 30 minutes, that your progress is not being saved while in a mission.
- - Fixed bug that allowed save spinner to sometimes display during missions.
- - Removed references to generators in Fuel description.
- - Jacob can no longer be selected for a "Mercy Shot" mission before he gives you the "Home Away from Home" mission.
- - Fixed terrain issue that caused parked vehicles to catch on fire when restarting the game.
- - Fixed getting "Stockpile maximum exceeded" Journal log entry immediately after leaving Mount Tanner.
- - Vehicles are no longer teleported to Home parking spaces at 6:00 AM.
- - Fixed issues that allowed community to exceed the population cap.
- - Additional polish to "The Law" mission.
- - Minor improvements to shadows.
- - Fixed missing subtitles.
- - Fixed floating bushes and grass.
- - Fixed typos.
- - Fixed issues in non-English translations.
Be sure to check back with iDigitalTimes.com and follow Scott on Twitter for all the latest on State of Decay as Undead Labs continues to release new information on upcoming State of Decay DLC and/or title updates for their bestselling XBLA game.
What do you think of the changes coming to State of Decay in State of Decay TItle Update 3? Already finished playing through the game once, and currently waiting for some State of Decay DLC to arrive before hopping back in for a second run? Have an idea for a feature or change you'd like to see in an upcoming State of Decay DLC add-on or State of Decay title update?
Let us know in the comments section!
© 2014 iDigitalTimes All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.