Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 10 Submitted To Microsoft, Brings Bug Fixes Galore For Lingering Update 9 Issues
Fear not, Xbox 360 owning Minecraft fans sidelined by the game's latest update, because 4J Studios is already back with new information (and the change log) from Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 10.
Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 9 was released last Thursday, 24 hours ahead of schedule, but the patch may not have been as ready for distribution as 4J Studios and the Xbox Live certification team previously believed. Dozens of gamers found themselves unable to load game saves, or log into Minecraft Xbox 360 servers with their friends, and a variety of lighting-related bugs and other issues left Minecraft Xbox 360 virtually unplayable for some.
Even those who managed to load their game worlds weren't in the clear, with many Minecraft Xbox 360 players being forced to battle extensive lag issues while traveling to "The End" to battle the game's final boss. The Ender Dragon battle problems were extremely frustrating for Minecraft Xbox 360 players, many of whom had long awaited the addition of the zone/final boss which was introduced to the PC edition of Minecraft back in 2011. While the two versions of Minecraft are still far from identical, many saw the addition of "The End" and the Ender Dragon boss as a much needed step towards parity.
Unfortunately, unlike the PC version of Minecraft, any updates for Minecraft Xbox 360 require 4J Studios to submit their latest patch to Microsoft's Xbox Live approval team, who must then authorize and schedule the patch for release around the globe. Thankfully, the extra steps don't seem to have drastically extended the patching process, with 4J Studios confirming that they've already submitted Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 10 to the Xbox Live approval board only six days after Update 9 went live.
There's still no word on exactly when Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 10 will hit Xbox Live; however, there was roughly weeks between 4J Studios' submission of Update 9 and its release on April 4, leading us to believe that Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 10 will hit Xbox Live sometime before the end of April.
Here's the full change log for Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 10:
- Fix for Silver LIVE profiles getting an error message on loading a save.
- Fix for lighting bug causing unlit areas even when light sources were placed in the these areas.
- Fixed slowdown caused by explosions (TNT and Creepers).
- Fixed frame rate slowdown in The End being experienced by some players until the Endercrystals were destroyed.
- Fixed crash when placing lots of Item Frames with Maps inside.
- Fixed collision box issue at the top of Ladders.
- Fixed issues with animals taking damage randomly, or falling through the wooden planks floors.
- Made Dispenser suck water/lava back into an empty bucket.
- Fix for Potion Bottles being launched from a Dispenser.
- Enabled placing Pressure Plates on Nether Fence.
- Fixed an issue with Fire Charges sticking at the edge of the world.
- Change to not be able to place more than the maximum amount of Paintings/Item Frames, rather than removing previously placed ones.
- Stop players from interacting with Item Frames and Paintings when 'Can Build and Mine' is disabled.
- Fixed the Custom Skin Animation setting not working.
- Play the correct sound on hitting the Enderdragon.
Be sure to check back with iDigitalTimes.com and follow Scott on Twitter for all the latest Minecraft Xbox 360 news -- including the Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 10 release date -- as 4J Studios continues to update the game in the weeks and months to come.
How have your experiences with Minecraft Xbox 360 changed since Update 9 hit Xbox Live last week? Is there an issue you're experiencing which won't be addressed in Minecraft Xbox 360 Update 10?
Let us know in the comments section!
© 2014 iDigitalTimes All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.