Ugly Flash Mob Empties Mall: Watch Video Of The Mall Of Louisiana Brawl
According to ABC News, 200 teens had gathered in the mall's food court for the flash mob when the brawl broke out.
"We think there was some sort of post on social media about a flash mob for tonight which drew such a large crowd of juveniles," said Casey Rayborn Hicks, spokeswoman for the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office.
According to NOLA.com, the brawl began when two girls who were supposed to take part in the flash mob began fighting. It is unclear exactly what triggered the fight.
Employees were then told to empty out of the mall for their own safety. No injuries were reported during this ugly flash mob, and no weapons were found at the scene.
The Daily Mail reports that up to 10 people will be charged as a result of this brawl. The Mall of Louisiana closed for the night after the ugly flash mob brawl, but it reopened at its normal time on Sunday.
Several people went on social media on Saturday night to describe exactly what they saw during this flash mob gone wrong.
"OMG! Glad to be alive!" wrote Alyce McKinney on Facebook, per NOLA.com. "Madison & i were 100 feet away from the fight that broke out @ Mall of La w 200 juveniles involved! Stores shut their doors, people running everwhere, mall closed! Cops and helicopters everywhere! Heading home! Its already on tv news!"
"Me, nea, and presleigh was at the mall when that fight broke out," wrote JustonD'Nea Millet. "Never been that scared in my life. People were running everywhere. It was like a movie, but you were in it. So glad that no one was hurt and that me and my family are safe at home."
Sadly, this ugly flash mob is not the only incident of fighting at a mall in the last few weeks. As we previously reported, Jacob Tyler Roberts allegedly opened fire at the Clackamas Town Center mall in Oregon back in December. Two mallgoers were killed, and a teenager was injured.
Also last month, a man named Marcos Gurrola allegedly shot 50 rounds from his pistol in a Newport Beach mall parking lot, according to NBC Los Angeles. Gurrola claims he was only trying to relieve stress and did not intend to hurt anyone.
Then, this past Saturday, a 15-year-old boy was charged with criminal recklessness after allegedly firing a .22 caliber revolver inside the Lafayette Square Mall in Indianapolis, according to the Associated Press. There were no injuries in either of these incidents.
You can see cell phone video of this ugly flash mob that emptied the mall here, courtesy of ABC News.
© 2014 iDigitalTimes All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.