Wreck-It Ralph Release Date: Digital Download Coming Feb. 12, DVD And Blu-Ray Ship March 5
Disney's looks to be bucking the old movie sales model when the Wreck-It Ralph release date arrives next month, with word that the movie will be available for digital download nearly a month before it's release on DVD and Blu-Ray.
According to a press release obtained by Engadget, "Wreck-It Ralph" will be released in HD Digital and HD Digital 3D on Feb. 12, with a physical release following three weeks later on March 5, 2013. Disney plans to ship both a 2- and 4-disc Blu-Ray combo pack on the March "Wreck-It Ralph" release date, along with the DVD, On-Demand, and SD Digital versions of the movie.
According to the "Wreck-It Ralph" release date press sheet, four different alternate/deleted scenes -- complete with an introduction and commentary from director Rich Moore -- will be included with the physical release of Disney's tribute to gaming as well.
Former G4 personality and Nerdist founder Chris Hardwick also appears on the Blu-Ray edition of "Wreck-It Ralph", appearing on-screen to breakdown the movie's many gaming references whenever the movie is paused. The Oscar shortlist "Paperman" short film that ran before Wreck-It Ralph" in theaters will also be included on both the DVD and Blu-Ray releases of the film.
The movie is expected to do extremely well when it goes on sale later this year, after racking up more than $250 million at box offices around the globe during the final months of 2012. Still, we can't help but wonder if some die-hard fans won't be disappointed by the relatively small list of bonus features mentioned in the press release. Sure, some will enjoy Chris Hardwick's gaming easter egg highlights, but will the film really ship without commentary from Jack McBrayer (Fix It Felix, Jr.) , Jane Lynch (Sgt. Calhoun), John C. Reilly (Wreck-It Ralph), or Sarah Silverman (Vanellope von Schweetz)?
We can't possibly be the only ones who'll be a tad be disappointed if none of the film's four outstanding leads don't follow-up with an audio commentary track. Then again, with that group, it may have been difficult to get commentary that was child-friendly.
Here's the full "Wreck-It Ralph" release date press sheet:
WRECK- IT RALPH - Walt Disney Animation Studios announces the debut of the hit arcade-game-hopping adventure "Wreck-It Ralph" marking a Disney first with the early release of the HD Digital and HD Digital 3D on February 12, 2013, followed by the 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, SD Digital and On-Demand release on March 5, 2013.
From Walt Disney Animation Studios, "Wreck-It Ralph" takes viewers on a hilarious journey. For decades, Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) has played the bad guy in his popular video game. In a bold move, he embarks on an action-packed adventure and sets out to prove to everyone that he is a true hero with a big heart. As he explores exciting new worlds, he teams up with some unlikely new friends including feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman). The film is directed by Emmy®-winner Rich Moore.
Featuring an all-star voice cast including Jack McBrayer as the voice of Fix It Felix, Jr. and Jane Lynch as the voice of Sgt. Calhoun, plus breakthrough bonus features that take viewers even deeper into the world of video games, Disney's "Wreck-It Ralph" has something for every player. Over an hour of all-new bonus material is featured on the Digital and Blu-ray Combo Pack, including deleted and alternate scenes, the theatrical short "Paperman," plus much more.
The home entertainment debut of "Wreck-It Ralph" will be available in multiple ways, containing exciting all-new bonus features that extend the fun-filled movie experience.
Bonus Materials Overview for These Products:
4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray +DVD + Digital Copy)
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray +DVD)
* Bit by Bit: Creating the Worlds of "Wreck-It Ralph" - Fans of the film will get a look at five new worlds created for "Wreck-It Ralph." The short takes viewers into Game Central Station with the artists who brought Sugar Rush, Hero's Duty and Fix It Felix Jr. to life.
* Alternate & Deleted Scenes - Four separate scenes are highlighted with an introduction and optional audio commentary from director Rich Moore.
* Video Game Commercials - Viewers can check out the commercials created for the video games featured in the film - Fix It Felix Jr., Sugar Rush, Hero's Duty and Fix It Felix Hammer.
* "Paperman" - This animated short film played in theaters before "Wreck It Ralph." It tells the story of a young man in an office who sees the girl of his dreams in a skyscraper window across the street. But how can he get her attention?
Blu-ray Exclusive Bonus Materials
* Disney Intermission: The Gamer's Guide to "Wreck-It-Ralph" - When the film is paused, host Chris Hardwick appears on screen to guide viewers through a series of 10 video segments offering an inside look at the many video game references, Disney references and other hidden surprises featured in the film.
Suggested Retail Prices:
4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack = (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray +DVD + Digital Copy)
$49.99 US and $56.99 Canada
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack = (Blu-ray +DVD)
$39.99 US and $46.99 Canada
DVD = $29.99 US and $35.99 Canada
Digital and On-Demand = Consumers should check with their television provider or preferred digital retailer for pricing and additional information
© 2012 iDigitalTimes All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
May 21, 2013 10:12 pmBattlefield 4 Release Date, DLC And Xbox One Plans Confirmed By Electronic Arts [VIDEO]