Golden Corral Food Poisoning: What Did Diners Really Contract From the Wyoming Buffet?
If you find yourself in Casper, Wyoming, searching for a bite to eat, apparently it's time to mark the Golden Corral there off you "to eat" list, as over 150 people have reported food poisoning there, while Yelpers had a heyday with the unsanitary conditions and less than appetizing selections.
According to Natrona County Health Department, 167 customers of the local Wyoming Golden Corral became victims of food poisoning after eating a variety of unsuitable items.
The Casper, Wyoming Golden Corral had apparently just opened up this new location but had to unexpectedly close its buffet due to a 24 hours sanction by health officials in which the restaurant must sanitize its facilities in preparation for reopening.
Though the newly opened Golden Corral may be looking to mend its food-poisoning ways, chances are, there are plenty who won't forget and won't be going back.
If Yelp is any indicator, I'd say the restaurant's on its last leg after only just beginning.
According to one reviewer, "The floors were so dirty,"
While another claimed there was "raw, undercooked meatloaf and chicken."
Still another yelper wrote:
"It's the stuff that Headlines are made of....The hospitals are busy from food poisining and the WDOH is investigating.
3 people missed work where I work and all ate at the GC on Sunday....May the buyer beware."
The most shocking review of all however was this one:
"This was the worst experience I've had in Casper. The Bourbon Chicken gave me travelers dysentery, and I willingly eat street vendor food in Peru, Mexico and Nicaragua and have never gotten this sick. The point is, I know world class bad food and this is in the top 2 or 3 in el mundo! The steaks looked OK, but I never got there. The Chinese was aged; the Italian looked Chef Boy Ardee like, and getting ill on first dish was my only saving grace. The chocolate fondue had berries and marshmallows dropped in it. I can't imagine the crew training they get there....maybe it was everyone's first night. So say grace and ask forgiveness before you go."
When looking into the deeper details of the food poisoning, it turns out the sickness went even further that just food poisoning--in fact, what the 167 patrons ended up with was an outbreak of the Norovirus.
Norovirus is a virus that can be transmitted through contaminated food or water, and typically occurs in fecal matter. Norovirus can be transmitted by anyone infected with the virus.
According to David Giesen, president of Golden DBL Inc. an investigation is underway.
The Natrona County Health Department began its investigation nearly a week ago, after the first dozen reports came in of people who patronized the Golden Corral experiencing food-poisoning symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea. Several cases also were required to report to emergency room as well.
Though it is still unknown what the full consequences of the food poisoning outbreak will be, one thing I know, it may be a while before I visit any Golden Corral, as this is one story that has completely removed my appetite.
© 2012 iDigitalTimes All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
May 21, 2013 10:12 pmBattlefield 4 Release Date, DLC And Xbox One Plans Confirmed By Electronic Arts [VIDEO]